Last month, Huck and Little White Lies presented a screening of the film Extinction, a political satire about the April uprising of Extinction Rebellion, featuring Emma Thompson.
70 friends of Huck and Little White Lies joined us in our gallery, 71a, and stuck around for a panel discussion chaired by Adam Woodward, Little White Lies’ Digital Editor, featuring:
- Jack Stimpson – Director and Writer of Extinction
- Sam Haygarth – Writer of Extinction and Comedian
- Dominique Sisely – Digital Editor, Huck
All agreed that you cannot sit on the fence with the climate emergency, you must decide where you stand on the issue. To join the fight, here are the panel’s key takeaways:
- Get your message across in 20 seconds and be creative
- Be as radical as you can
- Support and engage with grassroots activism
- Follow accurate storytellers – most media outlet’s interests are compromised
- Call out disingenuous marketing campaigns and call for genuine corporate action
Look out for an exclusive Extinction interview in the next issue of Little White Lies and continue to read our grassroots activism coverage at Huck.
Thanks to BrewDog and Karma Cola for fuelling the energy in the room with their drink donations.
We will do more of these events, so check out the 71a website.
People got the power!